Cambodia: A dream beach destination
Cambodia does not have to blush from its coastline.
If you like beautiful beaches, the beaches of Koh Rong are the perfect choice for you. Less touristically developed than its Thai neighbour, the Cambodian coasts also have their share of paradise islands, real treasure of the Gulf of Thailand. Koh Rong and Koh Rong Samloem are part of these treasures. The island of Koh Rong is about 2 hours from the coast of Sihanoukville in southern Cambodia, in the center, a jungle, coconut trees, waterfalls and a lake. Put on your masks and snorkel, we will take you to paradise in the bay of Saracen!
why an amazing destination?
The beaches of Cambodia, or certainly the surprise destination for:
- Those who like to explore the most beautiful without snuggling with hundreds of other tourists.
- Its quality, an immaculate white sand, a water of infinite transparency, a sea that spreads all the shades of green and blue, trees that extend their soft shade favourable to nap.
- Its opportunity to trek in a lush jungle where friendly locals await you for an unforgettable stay.
- The possibility to practice many sports activities of all levels: walking, diving, snorkelling, kayaking etc.
what to do in koh rong samloen?
Apart from the beach, the island offers many activities:
- The scuba diving center offers fun dive, see ray fish, guppies … or colourful parrot fish
- For those who prefer to stay on the surface, it is possible to make boat trips to discover the seabed by snorkelling.
- You can also go fishing on the boat of a local fisherman.
- Or more, you can go on a photo safari and photograph the island from every angle.
- But the most wonderful feeling is still sighting the first sunrise moments on the beautiful beach. You can observe phosphorescent plankton. In the nights of the crescent moon, you can also watch the bioluminescence – which are the bio-luminescent phytoplankton that create an underwater sparkling scene.
what are the places to stay in saracen bay The Moonlight Resort
This European-managed Resort is situated just 40 minutes from the Cambodian mainland, on the 6 Km tropical beach of Saracen Bay on Koh Rong Sanloem. The award-winning, eco-designed dome bungalows are the perfect place to enjoy one’s stay whilst experiencing the stunning scenery. All domes have a bed placed under a round skylight, enabling you to fall asleep under the natural glow of the moonlight.
The Moonlight Resort offers a number of excursions to the white untamed beaches and surrounding local fisherman’s villages, offering guided fishing trips, canoeing, diving, and more.
Sol Beach Resort
Sol Beach Resort offers beachfront Khmer-style accommodation in Saracen Bay on Koh Rong Samloem Island. Guests can enjoy meals in the open-air restaurant.
Villas at the resort have sea views. Some units have views of the garden or a seating area.
At an additional cost, guests can enjoy various activities in the surroundings such as fishing, boating, hiking and snorkelling.